Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hue - Photographs

We've been back for a while now (more than 2 weeks!) and we still haven't gotten around to uploading pictures of our journey. So while we're lounging around at home (cause AndyC is under the weather) I shall choose some photographs to show off.

First up, Hue. Now you've already had a sneak peak at a few Hue photos, more specifically the lovely lady at the rice museum. Hue really did surprise me. I honestly didn't expect to enjoy myself there as I'm not really a history buff, in fact anything historical is pretty much guaranteed to put me to sleep. But our tour with Mr Trung showed us just how beautiful it really was.

The lovely Hue riverbank.


I'm not sure how clearly you see it, but there is a guy swimming in the water ripping up the reeds from deep down. The lady would then scoop it all up and pile it into the boat. By the time we left the mound was almost as high as she was!


This is Andy and his driver. While helmets are now compulsory in Vietnam, they're not necessarily very protective. Andy's barely fits on his head!


Cruising to our next destination


This is Mr Trung and I. I think I look a bit like you in this picture, Mum. I think it's the facial expression



This is one of I think 4 Japanese Covered Bridges in Vietnam. We were lucky enough to see two on our trip (the other one we saw was in Hoi An).




This photograph is of the Rice Museum. From the outside it doesn't look like a whole lot, in fact we were going to give it a miss altogether! Don't judge a book by its cover!


This is heading into the Tu Hieu Pagoda


At 10am each day the monks come together to pray


As there are so many photographs I'm going to make it into a couple of posts... stay tuned for part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment