Thursday, April 14, 2011

Put a bird on it...


Has anyone else seen this? I must admit that I am quite partial to things with birds, so I found it amusing. The reason I posted it is because as soon as I decided I wanted to make these stencil printed pillow cases, I couldn't help but want to put birds on them.

What i've decided to do before I attempt my bird designs is to put something that is even closer to my heart on it, a kitten. So i've decided that I will stencil a kitten onto the front of a white cushion. I picked up the cushion from Ikea for next to nothing.

I will update tomorrow with the finished product!

El cheapo Ikea cushion

Getting busy

The design

My inspiration (and little helper)

3 comments:

  1. love it! now you have to get lily to pose next to it and take a picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooo good idea!!!!!

    Have you really cooked that many recipes!? If so I am flattered, Hamish is floored! I hope they turned out ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've made -

    San choi bao - so so good. Made it way to spicy the second time though.
    Schnitzel roll - yummmm!
    Pesto - so easy, made it a couple of times! Put it into a yummy chicken and mushroom pasta. Also put it into a chilli, bread crumb and basil pasta too.
    Pumpkin Borek - I couldn't believe when that popped up. We'd had something very similar a couple of days earlier and wanted to know how to make it.

    So four, so far! I'm sure number 5 won't be too far off. =)

    ReplyDelete